Agnostic.com

3 6

Saw this online and copied it.

‘Pro-Lifer: Well the mother should just give the baby up for adoption if she doesn’t want the baby.
Me: So who will adopt the baby?
PL: I don’t know there are lots of couples who want to adopt.
Me: Do you know any couple who is waiting to adopt?
PL: Um well not personally but like I know there are lots of people waiting to adopt.
Me: Do you know what a domestic adoption costs?
PL: I don’t know. $15,000 maybe?
Me: The average cost of domestic adoption in the United States is $70,000 if you go through a private agency.
PL: Oh I didn’t realize it was that much.
Me: Yep it’s really expensive. It can be more if you want a newborn straight from the hospital. Up to $120,000.
PL: Well, all life is precious.
Me: It really is. I’ve adopted through foster care and am currently a licensed foster parent. Would you be interested in becoming a foster parent yourself?
PL: Oh no, I couldn’t do it.
Me: Why not?
PL: It would just be too much for me right now.
Me: Why is that?
PL: It would be too hard to handle all the issues that came with it. I’ve heard horror stories.
Me: Yep it can be extremely difficult. But what if I told you that you were required by law to become a foster parent?
PL: what?
Me: what if you had to become a foster parent by law?
PL: they would never do that. That would never happen.
Me; Well, if a woman is forced to bear a child she doesn’t want, and she goes ahead and has that child, someone has to care for the child either through adoption or foster care. You have to do one of those two things.
PL: But I don’t want any more kids.
Me: So you don’t want someone forcing you to have a child in your home that you don’t want or aren’t able to care for?
PL: no, that’s not my job to raise someone else’s child.
There it is, folks. Have the baby, but we don’t want anything to do with it afterward.’

barjoe 9 July 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's the children who will end up suffering. Mental health is underfunded as it is. 😥

Betty Level 8 July 7, 2022

Definitely not silly, random or fun, but an interesting read for someone not expecting their own answers to surprise them.

As someone who has both fostered and adopted special needs children, I can confidently say there are many children waiting for families, but few actually finding them. These so-called right-to-lifers have no intention of doing what they expect other people to do. They have no idea what they're talking about, and yes, it is expensive, even if adopting an older disabled child. You get a monthly stipend from the state, but not too much.

Yup, people are not lining up to adopt American babies.

...or unwanted older children.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:675436
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.