Agnostic.com

4 1

LINK Remains of 140 children found in Peru, pointing to world’s largest ancient child sacrifice - The Washington Post

I wonder whether people are going to be more upset about about the sacrifice of more than 140 children or about the sacrifice of 200 baby llamas. The llamas have the extreme cuteness factor, if you've never been up-close and personal with one. (They might LOOK cute but personality-wise they're like camels-cantankerous as f$ck.)

BookDeath 8 Apr 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just the one found.

Man has slaughtered humans and animals for aeons of time past -- they still do. Revisionist history plays a huge part in determining what is considered important. The Jewish people lament the 6 million Jews slaughter under Nazi rule -- they never mention the other 5.2 million people slaughtered along side the 6 million. Or the 20 million Jews slaughtered by Stalin in the 20 years prior to WWII. And I think it is important to remember history, not just a single point-of-view.

Hadn’t you known why that volcano didn’t blow..? Now had the natives of Mt Mazama done the same … well, I guess there’d be no Crater Lake..

That level of mass insanity must represent the human bearer between sentient and non sentient behavior… Perhaps it must be excused, or described as the price we paid for having developed awareness..

The thing is, what the religious of modern time are practicing or espousing is dangerously close to that same fear-based primitive ritualistic behavior … with no excuses left..

Varn Level 8 Apr 27, 2018

Religion, religion, religion yet something in my head points at the posibility of illness in ancient times.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:67545
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.