Agnostic.com

5 8

No surprise to me. I knew this stuff was bad back in the 1990s, it came out in the mid 1970s but I did not get into growing my own vegies until the 1990s. It's like a forever chemical. Pouring Roundup down a drain ends up contaminating the soil and underground water. Even wastewater treatment plants cannot neutralize such chemicals, so they will end up seeping into the ground. Eventually, they will end up back in your home because we get our freshwater mostly from rivers and boreholes.
[theguardian.com]

silverotter11 9 July 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I must ask: Who pays a for an expensive container of RoundUp to use & then pours it down a drain??!!
It keeps forever, fully potent, in my unheated garden shed.

Yes, it's as carcinogenic as salt. It's a phosphate and should be used carefully, just like countless other chemicals.

They knew it caused cancer.

Didn't the US military use huge quantities in Vietnam & Cambodia? Imagine the levels in the people of those countries?

Not news to me. Not news that the CDC has taken little notice.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:675965
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.