Agnostic.com

10 1

Do you have a weakness for a Yuletide tradition?

Mine is eggnog - I luv that shit! 🙂

atheist 8 Dec 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

eggnog and partys

Yes! I love the parties, decorations, Christmas trees, lights and food and it's the only time of year I bake cookies from scratch. What can I say.....im a sucker for some traditions.

Me, too, with the cookie baking, @kojaksmom! I have a stack of recipes beside me to sort as I write - the traditional ones, the special request ones, the ones to give as gifts. I love it!

nope

I think I first started questioning the God thing about the same time the Santa myth was revealed, but I tried to/acted like/maybe wanted to not accept that both were myths for several years afterward. Christmas was always fun, still is..... if you leave the religion stuff out of it.... partying with family and friends, tons of good food, gifts, and though I get tired of Christmas music on the radio I still enjoy good choral music and blended voices in those old carols. I go caroling every year with our community theatre's outreach group and also sing in the community chorale... strictly there for the music and to help other folks enjoy the season, hypocrite that I am (call me Janus).

I agree! Why throw the baby out with the bath water. Join in the fun!

That's fantastic, keep up those gratifying traditions, @RedRivereRogue! Wouldn't it be wonderful if some day all the religious aspects faded away and we were left with all the fun bits?

Definitely the eggnog.

Honestly, I am not much into any traditions.

Like Festivus? 😛

I love the lights and food...

Donna Level 6 Dec 5, 2017

ha ha!

I like to watch Scrooge movies...

I love Scrooged with Bill Murray. "Have you tried staples?!"

Yes, I have to admit to being a fan of the Saturnalia bush, aka a Christmas tree. This year, I'm making a tree out of stacked books and trimming it with my ornaments that have sentimental meaning. And lights, because who doesn't love twinkling lights?!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6764
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.