Agnostic.com

4 3

Had my divorce and order of protection (OP) cases both at the same time today. Worked out an agreement with my now ex wife through my attorney. The OP was vacated. Terms of divorce screw everyone over. Not happy about the terms but overall the entire drama is pretty much over except for the crying. So I walked out of court with a "fuck you" attitude and in a few years I'll be free of all obligations regarding CS and the divorce. Overall I'm simply glad the fucking drama is over and I can move on with my life. The ex wife is...well it's beyond words, I'm just glad to be rid of her, period.

FvckY0u 8 July 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Mine dragged it out as far as he could and he finally gave up after 2.5 yrs. Still won't follow the terms of the decree, so my one retirement account sits there in de minimus while he tries to call my mom to convince me to retire early because for him to pay his lawyer to do what he's required to do to claim a part of it would cost more than he would receive. I left him everything and only took what of my own possessions that I could fit into four cars when I left. He tried to get me for alimony despite making 3 times what I made, he tried to take my car that I'd made every payment on, and the list goes on. I refused them all and continued to refuse. My lawyer pointed that out once to the judge and she agreed, he had no right to anything since he had the house that I had half rebuilt after flooding, etc. This was a judge that we'd had to ship in from two hours away, after every judge in the county either voluntarily recused themselves or they were forced to as in the case of one that had been his divorce attorney on his previous one and the other that had been a family friend.

The previous ex....hasn't talked to his kids in 25 years, they gave up on him. Last time he had them, he called them a disruption and forced me to get them early. I don't understand some people. I tried to make up for his absence, always have. I'm the one that taught them both how to change their oil, I help my son work on his old historical car, etc.

I think I'll stay single...it's less stressful and I prize my peace.

@FvckY0u My lawyers term for my ex was "shit for brains" He was a charming narcissist who could snow folks when he wanted to. He'd call my lawyer trying to work directly with her and her dad instead of through his lawyer. I heard her dad tell her he was on the phone once, that's how I found out what they called him.

With my divorce, we just agreed. No.lawyers. except to draw up the divorce papers. Cheap! I gave him the house, and walked away a free woman. He squandered most of the money from the sale of the house, and that was that. We're still friends, but I haven't given him any more money. Our sons were sad, but as adults they understood. We waited until they grew up.

Sometimes the smartest things you can do are the things you don't do.

barjoe Level 9 July 13, 2022

After deciding to divorce, my wife agreed to seek a mediated settlement and went to a counselor to start the process. About a month later, after discussing it with her father, she lawyered up forcing me to do likewise. I'm certain her father paid for her lawyer, but I was disgusted at how little her word meant. She lied about critical issues throughout the marriage, so I wasn't surprised.

It's a horrible process, made worse by a legal industry that sets policy in favor of the lawyers. The term 'No-fault' really just means "screw the breadwinner".

Very similar here. Even after the divorce that explicitly said no medical treatment without my assent, she took my daughter to HER therapist, who was a complete pocket-picking phony (zero progress after 10 years of expensive therapy). My daughter began shunning me just after the divorce so that she has refused contact for the last 9 years. I hope you fare better than I did.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:676556
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.