Agnostic.com

3 22

The nesting dove by my bedroom window is sitting on two eggs.

She is getting used to me. Doesn't fly off when I look at her 10,000 times a day.

Incubation take 17-18 days. Baby birds will hatch on July 30-31.

It will be fun watching her feeding baby birds. The nest is 4-feet from my window.

LiterateHiker 9 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I lived in Kansas (16ish years ago) one of the bedrooms looked out over and intersection of roofs, and a mourning dove had put her nest in the rain gutter right next to the window. We would check on the birdies several times a day. Just after the babies hatched we had a horrible storm come through, 3 inches of rain during the day which for Kansas is highly unusual. Our roof also got hit by lightening about 7 feet away from the nest, so we had fire trucks spraying the roof and all sorts of excitement. I don't know if the nest got washed away or what happened, but we never saw them again. We never saw a nest in the area again.

You'll be a bird grandma soon. Congratulations!
"10000 times a day" We want pictures. 🙂

Unity Level 7 July 17, 2022

@Unity

I tried taking photos of the dove. But each time I raised my camera or phone, she startled and flew away leaving her eggs uncovered.

Any picture would be unclear through the window screen.

@LiterateHiker Maybe it was the sudden movement.

fun!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:677081
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.