Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK A history of antisemitism (4/4) | DW Documentary

Exceptionally good documentary about the modern era of this persistent problem.

rainmanjr 8 July 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is so damn sad. And weird I might say. That the Christians so hate the base from which their own beliefs come from. Islamist can’t even stand each other. Mulch like the centuries of Christian infighting between sects. Maybe that’s the answer? I am unaware of factional fighting in the Jewish beliefs. Does anyone know of major battles between the Orthodox and more secular Jews? Or other groups. I don’t.

The Orthodoxy does not agree with The Reformists at all. For instance, Reform Church states that if your mom is Jewish then you are Jewish. Can't be helped. Orthodoxy doesn't accept that at all. My ex was born into a Jewish Ghetto, in MD., and her stories of hate and backbiting were news to me. Her father was an absolute monster (I didn't meet the man but saw proof of her claims). Jews are pretty united against antisemitism, though. It's like a pack of dogs stopping and turning their heads at the same time.

@rainmanjr there’s a hell of a difference between quibbling and bitching and burning Mennonites at the stake and constant wars between Catholics and Protestants, butchering of Quakers in England. The Orthodox can be really hard even on their own.

A detailed examination of how antisemitism began.

<iframe class="video" type="text/html" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed//Nq5cpbwsCpw?rel=0&showinfo=1&color=white&iv_load_policy=3&start=0" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen>
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:678171
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.