Agnostic.com

2 5

LINK (U.S.) Suicide Prevention Lifeline sees massive uptick in calls after changing from 10-digit number to 988

MIAMI – The Suicide Prevention Lifeline has seen a major increase in calls in the week since changing from a 10-digit number to an easier-to-remember three-digit number. It is now a matter of dialing or texting 9-8-8.

It is the same crisis intervention counseling on the other end. The only difference is that shortened number. This simple change seems to be putting more people in touch with help on the other line. ...

snytiger6 9 July 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's good more people are getting help. I know I have felt that way a number of times during my adult life.

Boy. Talk about a high-stress situation. Of course you'll get more response with fewer details and fewer requirements to fulfill.

My mother worked at a resort where it turned out a restaurant guy decided to kill himself. They found his car near the middle of a several hundred ft high bridge -- door open, engine still running.
Apparently he worked himself up to do it and decided to act.
And he, again apparently, was afraid if he interrupted himself to do anything else he might lose his nerve.

RichCC Level 8 July 26, 2022
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:678527
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.