Agnostic.com

4 7

Scientists establish link between religious fundamentalism and brain damage
[alternet.org]

Poseidon 6 July 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well...I hope they develop a test. Wouldn't it be nice to disqualify politicians from holding an office of power as well as anyone in a position of authority. Just wishful thinking on my part.

Betty Level 8 July 27, 2022

I am highly intolerant of religious fundamentalism regardless of whether or not it is caused by or associated with brain damage.

Teaching religion to children was always child abuse. Now we know it is much worse, and we can see the effects of having broad swaths of the population succumb to this damage by being manipulated and exploited.

This kind of damage provokes the memory of Aldous Huxley's Brave New World where the government created various classes or castes by exposing fetal brains to alcohol. (or something like that)

I still prefer Dr. Darrell Ray’s analysis of religion as a virus in his excellent book: The God Virus.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:678685
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.