Agnostic.com

1 3

LINK Christian Nationalism Is On The Rise | Ayman

I like Ayman and this report is a fine example of why.

rainmanjr 8 July 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We are so screwed! The Christian Nationalists have been organizing and working tirelessly to embed themselves into all branches of government, from school boards to the presidency, for decades. Mostly unopposed because everyone else was too busy with other issues to notice. The election of Trump was the catalyst that allowed them to bloom and expose themselves for what they are truly seeking: a Christian version of Afghanistan Taliban, a one Party government more in line with Putin’s Russia, where only the true believers are allowed to vote and hold elected office. And they can smell victory after the confusion and doubt they harnessed from the 2020 election. Changing voting laws in so many states, casting doubt on election integrity as never before, having a majority of the SCOTUS on their side. I am just not sure how we recover from this. Our law enforcement and much of the military at this point has been largely infiltrated by the far Right Nationalists.
This coming election and 2024 will show us the future of the “United” States. I just hope there is still a small chance we can recover, since the radical Right is not the true majority.

I can't agree more so I harp on it. This and environmental events or lectures get my attention until Nov.. After that we'll see which way our politics goes, as you point out. There's a short story by Steve King, I think it's in Cat's Eye, where a guy drank a bad beer and is turning into a human-eating geletanous blob. The story is told by his son, who is waiting for his old man to come home having stopped this change, and the son says "I hope the right one comes back." That's how I feel.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:679171
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.