Agnostic.com

4 9

The development of water-saving sanitary equipment and water supply/drainage systems is a big topic in Japan.

Ryo1 8 July 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Home Depot, easy upgrade

So what if the tank is already full? There has to be an overflow line.

I presume that there is.

@Garban So there has to be a real sink nearby?

@JackPedigo, @Garban,

The toilet review site, Toilet Found! noted that the toilet-sink systems became popular in Japan after World War II when the real estate came with a hefty price tag. The design was meant for small bathrooms and living quarters, where creativity and innovation were key to comfortability. In addition to space constraints, the system also conserves and reuses water and does not require a heater to warm the water, potentially lowering utility bill expenses as well.

“The design is such that water from the supply line channels through the faucet for you to wash your hands. And then drained out through the sink drain and into the tank. The water will keep flowing to fill up the tank, until it gets shut off by the float,”

[toiletfound.com]

@Garban Oh, OK. That is a Japanese toilet-inspired application.
Here is a real Japanese toilet with a built-in sink.

@Garban My understanding is that you go to the toilet, flush it and wash your hands at the same time.This Japanese toilet design is for this single purpose only.

Now put the tub above it . . .

I wonder if this is available in the US.

They use similar, only metal, in some prisons.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:679243
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.