Agnostic.com

2 0

Did the White House Change the Definition of ‘Recession’?

Did the White House Change the Definition of ‘Recession’?

The short answer is NO — but that doesn’t mean we’re not in a recession, nor does it mean the White House hasn’t been doing all it can to get out in front of bad economic news. We will explain.

The tweets quoted above may give readers the misleading impression that the Biden administration literally tried to revise the criteria economists use to determine when a recession has occurred. But that was not the case.

Full Article: [snopes.com]

nogod4me 8 Aug 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The DOJ has turned somersaults to claim they shouldn't enforce the laws during an election cycle - - They don't want to appear partisan.

But the Federal Reserve Board is all too happy to create a recession to tar a Democrat president just before the election (knowing the inflation they claim to be suppressing is world-wide).

I don't care if the textbook definition of a "recession" IS two straight quarters of negative growth; with unemployment so low and investment so high, it's the screwiest recession I've ever heard of.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:679332
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.