Agnostic.com

11 9

LINK Despite So Much Winning, The Right Feels Like It's Losing : NPR

I listened to this today and thought, really?

Then I started to think it sounds just like those guys who think women are really in charge and purposefully rejecting them out of being nasty.

They sound just as delusional to me, as they are in charge and making all the decisions in this political climate. Crazy stuff.

Akfishlady 8 Apr 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I see nothing in this article that mentions the repeated punches by the right in their media outlets, ie. Fox News, and Sinclair Broadcasting. These two arms of the Right constantly objectify liberals, telling their listeners that Liberals are misguided, bleeding hearts, that want to destroy the country. What does the Right expect when there is so much derisive commentary about the Left? So, who is going to call a halt to all this first? Fox News and Sinclair have been at this and continue to stir the seeds of hatred of those that are different in their ideology.

Being around Republicans, I hear this stuff alot. White entitlement is the concern. Since they "believe" unquestioningly in the system that makes them special, cognitive disonance results when facts are inserted in opposition to their "beliefs". Conservativism is fundamentally the unwillignness to change. They feel offended by facts to the point many of them beleive they should suceed from the union. The wealthy study these folks and have their number, manipulating them with their fears, affecting them to support the further enrichment of the top tiers even at their own expense. Just so they can feel entitled? They are deeply offended by any criticizim, just like their big baby Trump, they have become the party of sociopathic narcissim

jeffy Level 7 Apr 28, 2018

@Beach_slim So says a liberal named Jeffy. Liberals have a special power. We detect bullshit and wonder why people are happy standing on it.

Just think what their imagination will come up with. They are already blaming Obama for the asteroid.

My take: if they acted with in any way respectable, I'd respect them. They don't, so I don't.

I was watching another piece that echoed this (if not quoted it) and had the same basic thought that society shuns what is not appropriate as a way of saying that the expressed behavior is NOT appropriate: stop. Well, they are on the receiving end of this for backing up: bigotry, misogyny, and groups supporting same, the Nazis and KKK, for example. I see this as nothing more than their, flagrantly, being in the wrong and trying to deny that they are.

Note: Being conservative is supposed to mean "moving forward with careful purpose" rather than moving backwards or stalling. It has nothing to do with supporting hate and bigotry. Yet, I DO see the current populace of the Republican/Conservative party as being exactly that. The Tea Party isn't any better (theoretically, fiscal conservatives but where is there any proof of that?), nor are the religious right (same forms of hypocrisy, and I see this group as being the initial downfall of the GoP).

I feel like l am living in an alternate Universe. This is stranger than when l was dropping acid in the 70's and 80's.

Can you define what you mean by ‘The Right’?
I consider myself to be a Liberal, valuing free speech, the right for the individual to decide their own future, small government, and separation from religion and government policy. But I am often called Righ Wing.

KenG Level 6 Apr 28, 2018

The right IS losing the culture war because they don't care about the society they live in. For many of them it is all about "me and mine". The one thing that keeps them going is: "There is a sense on the right that is apocalyptic and fearful." Their religiosity tell them to be afraid but that they will win if they stay loyal to a philosophy that is cruel, hateful, greedy and selfish. The thing that affects us all is a shrinking resource base. In the 80's the population was 250 million and was seen as a maximum. We now have over 327 mil. and counting. It is NOT sustainable and things will get worse. A civil war could start if things don't change. Remember, conservatives and liberals did get along but desperate times are calling for a dangerous situation culture be damned.

@Akfishlady They will someday realize it is the average people who are their customers and who they depend on for all their wealth.

@iamjc A very recent Nova film from PBS demonstrated how war has been instrumental in cultural changes. I was skeptical but the show had a lot of good points. In the general scheme of things people are low on the totem pole and always will be. We need to get over that fact otherwise we will keep repeating the same mistakes over and over.

@Akfishlady I personally feel his getting convicted or impeached will send a lot of messages to his wanna be followers. My only concern is what he would try to do to distract us from his immoral behavior. Our system of checks and balances will become critical at this time.

They do care about society. They want to do things that have good outcomes instead of do things that make them feel good.

@KenG I strongly believe many of them simply want whatever gives them power.

If you're for male dominance, christian dominance, hetero dominance, 'white' dominance and Ayn Rand/libertarian/make the rich even richer then good; let's kick your ass into the dustbin of history.

@Akfishlady We can try.

They are beginning to sense they they are about to swept out of power at all levels.

I don't like any side at this point. I have always said 'the right' is the fast lane and 'the left' is the slow lane to the same destination. There was a time when 'the left' had control of the house and senate and didn't get anything done. Why is this? It isn't that they are incompetent, they are politicians just like the republicans, it seemed like they intentionally stymied their said goals. I fear both sides of the fence are just litmus tests as to how fast we can achieve a more totalitarian government. Or maybe I am just jaded.

Evolution tends toward complexity. This complexity (number and diversity of humans) has become too complex for our present government to handle. There needs to be changes.
Thomas Jefferson believed that every generation the Constitution need to be changed. Only one civil war but basically few changes in over 200 years. That is the problem.

@Akfishlady I think the government is both intentionally and unintentionally sliding toward a Plutocratic Corpocracy.

@JackPedigo I think that nothing can stagnate, including the constitution. You have a very good point there. Very good point.

@JohnnyThorazine Sliding toward a plutocratic corpocracy? I think it's already here.

And their flock had that mentality also which is why we are where we are today, as a country.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:67978
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.