• 8 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 11 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 20 votes
  • 9 votes
optimist 4 Oct 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The "world".

skado Level 9 Dec 29, 2017

I tend to look at the bigger picture, I live and work close to the earth doing so, has given me insights into the environment and the life dependents on it. I believe in the butterfly effect; what happens ten thousand miles away can and will effect you. None of us are in this alone, the rush to embrace neoliberalism is resulting in ever greater economic stratification and the triumph of greed over the environment, common sense, justice and peace, things precious to me. I am an activist and a dreamer; maybe you have to be the latter in order to be the former, for there really is a universe of possibilities out there.

I'm a graduate teaching assistant, so I'm always (perhaps too often) putting my student's success before my own. But that's often me, putting others before myself.

Dylan Level 5 Oct 11, 2017

I put myself first but also put my family next. Without the self and self-improvement there is very little that you can do around you to improve anything.

I feel the environment is key to our existence. If there is something I can do to help make the planet better, I will do that but there isn't much globally I can help with.

I love this answer.

Universe, animals. My two favorites 😉

I think about myself and my family most often, I consider animals apart of my worldview, I tend to think about the environment most often, I tend to think globally

I just had a conversation a while ago with a co-worker about this. I strongly feel that it is our destiny to colonize the universe. And to do that, we have to get our shit together. Through or force, we need to start working together and plan our interstellar destiny.

I don't tend to think of it as a "Destiny" to colonize the universe. That's a little too close to the "Manifest Destiny" that ended up causing mass genocide of Native Americans, but I do think that we seriously need to spread out. Not only would it decrease our environmental impact on Earth but I think it would increase our worldview. It's pretty difficult to get pissed at each other when you really realize just how absolutely insignificant you are while looking at a single dot moving across the sky and knowing billions of people live there and fight over the dumbest things.

me, then everything else i guess

I of course focus on myself and those close to me first, out of necessity and admitted selfishness. That said, I have expanded my sphere of consideration to include all living beings, with little regard for national borders or societal divides. I have high hopes for the pist-scarcity future of the human race, once we get a handle on population growth and shrug off religious delusions. Star Trek, here we come! 😛

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:680
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.