Agnostic.com

30 1

What book(s) helped you figure yourself (or "life") the most?

It's not life experiences, or conversations. This is just about books which you consider the most mind opening, significant, or influential, in how you think; and who you are today. Which one helped you be a better you?

Elsantoasauro 5 Apr 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As a kid, The Chronicles of Narnia struck some chord with me. It launched me into the world of fantasy and pagentry and also decency, manners and taking the high road in life. I wanted to live in Narnia!
Later on my oldest daughter turned me on to Ishmael and My Ishmael. Those books resonated on a deeper level about humanity and our motivations throughout history.

Incredible book.. Every wardrobe was a potential wormhole .. secret doors lol

@Nickbeee I still want to find that wardrobe....

@Freespirit64 I've got a bloody clothes rail ! Let me know if you do 🙂 !!!!!! I remember looking ni wardrobes for it.

Chdren's encyclopedias were first. They ingnited my passion for knowledge.
Science Fiction came next, especially Sir Arthur C. Clarke's novels, and if I have to specify one - The City and the Stars - read it at13. It pretty much set me and my views as what they are today.

Neal Donald Walsch

The volumes of conversatIons wIth god....

Theresa Caputo’s “There’s More to Life than This”. Its very much for spiritual people, it helped me explain some things that have happened to me.

Spiritual as in believer? Or as in sensitive?

@Elsantoasauro Spiritual But Not Religious people such as myself, I don't necessarily believe in a higher power but I believe in spirit and angels.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:68023
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.