Agnostic.com

4 6

The majority of companies used to be trusted to provide good service at a reasonable price. Now, greed and fraud are overcoming such standards in too many companies. We recently received a notice from our current house insurance company that it will be dropping our policy due our “failure to maintain” our home. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Our home is one of our biggest investments and we are constantly acting to maintain it.

We have replaced all exterior windows and doors, installed storm shutters, replace our garage door with one designed to withstand 130 mph winds, reinforced our roof to withstand hurricane force winds. We also have had an arborist trim and maintain a big oak tree in our front yard – cutting back overhanging limbs, installing bolts through the trunk to keep it from splitting, and installed a cable between the two biggest branches to keep them from splitting off or breaking.

The company says that the roof must be replaced and that branches of the tree are overhanging the house and must be removed, or the entire tree cut down. Neither is true. The roiof is in good shape and has over 5 years left on the warranty. The arborist whom we use to maintain the tree says that he will contest their ruling about he tree.

It seems that the insurance company simply wants zero risk. That is totally unreasonable. If we had zero risk, we would not need any insurance, and their coverage would be all pure profit for the company. That is unacceptable. Greed, greed, greed and fraud.

wordywalt 9 Aug 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The world has changed. I'm sorry for sounding like an old ass, but insurance companies were way better in my time. Actually, I have something to compare today's world with. Some things have greatly improved. When I was young, I thought that a mobile phone was something outstanding and unreal, but it's become a part of our daily life whether we accept it or not. As I've said, life's changed. Anyway, there are still a lot of Homeowners Insurance in Illinois companies are doing their best to serve people's needs. Wish you all the best, folks. Don't get discouraged.

You are right. They want zero risk because they don’t want to pay you any money. It’s also been a hard time for them, and the economy is not in the best state now. It might cause them to review their policy and try to avoid any risks. Maybe try to find another company that would agree to offer better conditions?
You are also right about most companies trying to just get money from you and not do their job right. I don’t know the cause, but most of the contractors we hired were people who didn’t know the basics about construction and did everything from bad to worse. Thankfully, we managed to find commercial concrete contractors Denver CO, and they helped us to fix most of the mistakes.

Insurance has reached a crisis stage here in Nola.

they say you need new shingles? they're weird about that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:680287
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.