Agnostic.com

4 4

LINK Kindergartner kicked out of Baptist school after getting adopted by lesbians

A Baptist school in Louisiana kicked out a child who was about to enter kindergarten because she was recently adopted by lesbians.

It’s the latest example of Christian love in action.

The story is even more tragic when you realize what the child has been through. Five-year-old Zoey already lost both of her biological parents, with her father dying in an industrial accident in 2020. Thankfully, her aunt, Jennifer Parker, took her in, and the adoption became official earlier this month. Zoey had already taken pre-K classes at Bible Baptist Academy in DeQuincy, Louisiana, so the plan was to continue there for kindergarten.

But last week, just days before the school year began, and after the family attended open house and Zoey got her uniform, Jennifer and her partner Emily were told their new daughter was being kicked out… because the two of them are lesbians. ...

snytiger6 9 Aug 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That is truly sad that they would do that a very young child. Love is love no matter who it comes from and I'm sure the little girl will be raised well. Who knows the little girl might be an lesbian as well. When she discovers it down the road.

Although I believe that they’re actually doing the child a favour by lessening the opportunity for Baptist indoctrination, the act of expelling her from the kindergarten is so lacking in love and charity to be actually harmful to her as it is an act of pure bigotry, ignorance, hatred and lack of human empathy. It’s an act which, whatever the motivation, will only be interpreted by the child as a rejection, a child who has already suffered enough trauma and sadness in her young life already should not have to endure second -hand hatred, hatred aimed at her adoptive parents by apologists for a religion which is a front for discrimination and division in society.

Baptists (and other christians) frequently exemplify "non-christian" behavior. While I feel sorry for the child, it is probably best that she not attend a Bible Baptist Academy. The mere name of the academy makes me very uneasy.

On an interesting note, when I spelled "christians or christian" while typing this reply the words grayed out as misspelled. However if I capitalized the "C" each showed as correct. I never capitalize those words.

I agree...why brainwash a child? And you just know they'd be slamming her adoptive parents' ''lifestyle.'' Better to just accept it for the FAVOR that it is and move on!

Charming as always.......

Although I have to say that most LBTQetc. people of my acquaintance are Very religious, and I have absolutely no idea why....not my business of course, but just astounding to me.

I guess they think religions' message is love & acceptance for some reason?

I find your reply interesting because my sister-in-law is not only gay, but makes sure everyone knows she is gay. However, she is a very devout Catholic.

As you say, it is not my business and I don't confront her about it, but it does not make sense to me, or my wife (her sister).

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:680971
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.