Agnostic.com

3 8

Salmon Rusdie was stabbed while giving a lecture in New York state. He has been rushed to the hospital. I taught his book Satanic Verses once, mostly for a what the hell is all the outrage.

[apnews.com]

Beowulfsfriend 9 Aug 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The religion of peace strikes again. Salman Rushdie is a fellow atheist and for that Moslems all want him dead.

The earliest known Koran, a book supposedly never altered has numerous differences. It did not contain the so called satanic versus, yet, since the 1800's a number of scholars believe there was enough evidence that suggests they did exist. Of course, like most crazy religious fanatics, most reject and deny and hide from things that don't fit their narrative. Islamists will kill to keep this narrative away; at the rate of crazy growth with xtions, they may start killing as their narratives are questioned.

@Beowulfsfriend Islam is the most erratic force on the planet.

@Beowulfsfriend

In 1989, the Iranian government issued a fatwah ( death threat) against Salmon Rushdie.

Iranian clergy objected to Rushdie's depiction of Muhammad in his book, "Satanic Verses."

Most likely the attacker is an Islamic extremist.

I know. I could even tell you what the Satanic verses in question are about.

I wish Rushdie a speedy recovery.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:681166
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.