Agnostic.com

2 6

LINK Rainwater No Longer Safe to Drink Anywhere Due to 'Forever Chemicals'

(So much for "better living through chemistry". Or, do people not remember that?)

Rainwater is no longer safe to drink anywhere on Earth by US contamination guidelines, according to a team of environmental scientists.

That's because rainwater across the planet now contains hazardous chemicals called per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS). In a paper published in the journal Environmental Science & Technology on August 2, researchers at University of Stockholm, which has been studying PFAS for a decade, found evidence that these substances have spread throughout the entire atmosphere, leaving no place untouched.

There are thousands of PFAS, all human-made, used in food packaging, water-repellant clothing, furniture, carpets, nonstick coating on pots and pans, fire-extinguishing foams, electronics, and some shampoos and cosmetics. During manufacturing and daily use, they can be released into the air. They also leach into ocean water and get aerosolized in sea spray. From there, they spread through the atmosphere and fall back to Earth in rain. ...

snytiger6 9 Aug 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thanks fyi. I've tossed the Q. "What you doing about it" to a local councillor suggesting that enquiry be made of the local water supplier, & the 2 levels of Australian government.
I'll let you know if I get an answer.

Poor @Castlepaloma, who thinks "clean living" will save him.....

I always filter my water or buy spring water for drinking and urban farming. I don't take big risks with my health. Poor other people who drink tap water as we are mostly made of water.

@Castlepaloma everybody is 80-85% water you fool.....Aaaand you think "Spring water" is better? Where, exactly doth this water spring from? LoL! No run-off, no rain Ever gets in there,.....

@AnneWimsey

According to .. we are 60% water, I think you think everyone is a banana.
[medicalnewstoday.com]

I find string water well everywhere I move to. Nature filters water very well. In fact my second home in Belize runs on river well water and the average age life span is age 92 in Santa Famalia, San Ignacio Cayo. If they are fools , line me up with them.

@Castlepaloma One of the first things I di dwhen Imoved in with my sister was to buy an under the sink water filtration system. She used to buy bottled water, and the system has more than paid for itself.

@snytiger6

Also the best investment in your life.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:681513
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.