Agnostic.com

2 0

Proving how stupid¹ USA is?

"An escalation of the conflict could lead to death and destruction on a scale exceeding World War II, John Mearsheimer believes

American political scientist John Mearsheimer has issued a stark warning to the West, claiming the risks of a “catastrophic escalation” in Ukraine have been underappreciated, and suggesting the US may become directly involved in the fighting."
"For the US, the analyst believes, the conflict in Ukraine represents an opportunity to “knock Russia out of the ranks of great powers” and has tied its own reputation to the outcome."

US could become directly involved in Ukraine fighting – expert [rt.com]

And for those wanting the raw version published on Foreign Affairs you can obtain access through Professor Mearscheimer's web page Op Ed Pieces at
[mearsheimer.com]

Stupid¹
[en.m.wikipedia.org]

These are Cipolla's five fundamental laws of stupidity:

1. Always and inevitably everyone underestimates the number of stupid individuals in circulation.
2. The probability that a certain person (will) be stupid is independent of any other characteristic of that person.
3. A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses.
4. Non-stupid people always underestimate the damaging power of stupid individuals. In particular non-stupid people constantly forget that at all times and places and under any circumstances to deal and/or associate with stupid people always turns out to be a costly mistake.
5. A stupid person is the most dangerous type of person.

Corollary: a stupid person is more dangerous than a pillager.

FrayedBear 9 Aug 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

First, there is no such thing as a "Political Scientist". Politics is not related to science in any way, and any person or group claiming such title is full of shit.

Next, anyone with a brain knows that the Ukraine war (started by Russia) can develop into a much larger conflict.

Next time you are in between naps, use your time better.

Particularly with USA continuing to provoke & promote to the detriment of most of the world including much of the US citizenry.

@FrayedBear More baloey from you. By the way, what is "vcontinuing"?

@Alienbeing "vcontinuing" now corrected is my finger hitting two small virtual keys on my telephone screen. What is baloey supposed to represent?

@FrayedBear It represents your feeble mind.

@Alienbeing no just identifies your unprofessional stupidity.

Have you read the linked opinion in ""a multipolar world will win against Washington’s unilateralism." yet or in usual fashion refusing to?

@FrayedBear I can't be "unprofessional" for the simple fact that replying to your erroneous posts is not a profession, more of a hobby.

The article you referenced is simply wrong.

@Alienbeing I do not see your arguments & precise reasons refuting Professor Mearscheimer's opinion being published by any reputable publication. Will you supply the URL please.

@FrayedBear Still again you prove your inabiliity to understand what you read. NOTE that on 8/20 I said there is no such thing as a political scientist. As such it is unnecessary for me to reference any other publication "reputable" or not. There is no need to argue with morons.

I put the word "reputable" in quotation marks because you frequently refer to rt, as if that was a reputable source.

You and your commie sources are simply wrong.

Again, you're citing those dumb fuckin' rules of stupidity.

Only a stupid person believes that suppression, genocide & senseless war advances the wellbeing of the human race.
Instead of having a slave owner mentality try developing one of mutual cooperation for mutual benefit. Long term the rewards are far better.

@FrayedBear I'm not talking about the substance of the post. I'm taking about that idiotic "fundamental laws of stupidity" you keep posting. They don't make any sense. The guy who wrote that obviously didn't think any of that shit through, and that fact that you keep posting it after I pointed out the flaws is pretty silly of you.

@ChestRockfield Not silly just not accepting the validity of your argument.

@FrayedBear
Care to counter these claims, or are you just like a religious person that sticks their fingers in their ears because they want to continue to believe?

1. Always and inevitably everyone underestimates the number of stupid individuals in circulation.
    Patently false, though anyone who knows anything about the word 'always' wouldn't be dumb enough to make this claim. There are, inevitably, people who think ALL humans are stupid, thus, it is impossible that EVERYONE underestimates the number of stupid people because there can't be a number higher than all.

2. The probability that a certain person (will) be stupid is independent of any other characteristic of that person.
    Again, false. There are obviously characteristics that would increase the probability that a person is stupid. I shouldn't need to go into this. For instance, if you find out that a person averaged 4 car accidents a year with stationary objects every year since they started driving, do you really think there is not even a slightly higher probability they're stupid?

3. A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses.
    Not only is it not stupid to cause losses to another person / other people who are enemies, it's actually quite smart especially if the person is your enemy through no fault of your own and/or the potential loss you would incur is not something you value highly.

4. Non-stupid people always underestimate the damaging power of stupid individuals. In particular non-stupid people constantly forget that at all times and places and under any circumstances to deal and/or associate with stupid people always turns out to be a costly mistake.
    This assumes that you always have a choice who to deal with when you have to deal with someone. That, of course, is false.

5. A stupid person is the most dangerous type of person.
    Patently false. A smart person who wishes to cause harm is obviously more dangerous than a stupid person.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:682384
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.