Agnostic.com

1 2

It’s funny because it’s true

CourtJester 7 Aug 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I imagine there's probably interstate commerce laws that govern that at a level much higher than a state can do anything about.
Also, not for nothing, but your side is always walking out the trope about how bad it is for the country being hostile to businesses, but think liberals should want to ban the use of private jets in states where they hold a majority.

States actually have higher legal ability than the federal government on items outside of the constitution and the bill of rights.
That’s where the Supreme Court comes in.

@CourtJester
The "Commerce Clause" is part of the Constitution.
On February 4, 1887, both the Senate and House passed the Interstate Commerce Act, which applied the Constitution’s “Commerce Clause”—granting Congress the power “to Regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States”—to regulating railroad rates.

When Congress failed to act, some states adopted their own railroad regulations. Those laws were struck down in 1886, when the Supreme Court ruled in Wabash v. Illinois that the state of Illinois could not restrict the rates that the Wabash Railroad was charging because its freight traffic moved between the states, and only the federal government could regulate interstate commerce.

I don't know for sure, but based on this info, and the fact that private jets are used by federal employees, I'd imagine that it would be hard for an individual state to ban private jets. If you can find info proving otherwise, post it up.

[senate.gov].

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:683039
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.