Agnostic.com

3 3

Plant carnivores

Anyone own any bug eating plants?

michaelj 7 Apr 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No, but one of my neighbors from many years ago had a Venus Fly Trap.

I don't have a bug eating plant but do have lots of bug attracting plants. The Voodoo Lilly is an amazing looking plant and always gets everyone's attention (until it is blooming then it smells like a cadaver). It grows in a variety of soils and conditions and the bulbs multiply like crazy. Harvest the bulbs and give some to 'friends'.
[gardeningknowhow.com]

Pitcher plant and a Venus flytrap, with a volunteer sundew that just popped up in the fly trap terrarium after a few years...

Zster Level 8 Apr 28, 2018

Love pitchers! never kept one!

@Nickbeee I think they were selling them at the grocery once. Mine grows in a rather uncontrolled fashion. We are coming up on the time of year when new pitchers will form (see little dot at tip of the broad leaf in the foreground, second photo).

@Zster Awesome yeh I see the little dot! They look healthy.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:68320
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.