Agnostic.com

3 10

Another time I tried to make a difference. The Oklahoma legislature had a bill in process that would allow pharmacists to refuse to fill birth control prescriptions for some people.

I wrote this letter on the cute little stationary and several of us printed lots of them and installed them in the little holder that Walmart had inside each stall. For some reason they took all the holders down.

Then we would go in on a Sat evening after the pharmacy closed and put them in the info holders by the prescription drop off box.

Lorajay 9 Aug 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Imagine if this was by all checkouts in a supermarket

Dear Customer
The checkout operator at this till station is currently on a diet
Therefore if your purchases contain cookies or sweets they will not be able to serve you, as we respect their right to believe you are a greedy fat bastard, sent by the devil to tempt them away from their righteous path.
Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause to you lard ass
The management.

That's brilliant and beautiful. I'm sure you made a difference.

I was a very strong activist from 1980 to 2010. During that time Oklahoma kept marching to the right. In other words sometimes I wonder if I didn't help the right win. I wrote letters to the editor, walked door to door for candidates and the era, attended every protest within a hundred miles,hosted fundraisers and gave as much money as I could afford. Meanwhile things kept getting worse so it's evidently partly my fault.

@Lorajay What you did was tremendous, and surely helped somewhere, with someone. Perhaps the right's march would have been a lot quicker without selfless people like you.

@Lauren Lauren and Lorajay, I believe that things will not change for the better until the right, those who make up the right learn that what they are doing is against their personal views, beliefs, and morals. They believe what they are told and, for the most part, do not have the intelligence to see this for themselves or care. When the shit hits the fan, those who are the first to be hit by sanctions and the police of this movement will see the problem and the truth. Until then, anything one does to fight the fight is great, but the results will be short and sweet. Once these people see the truth they will join the fight and the powerful will fall, and the guillotine and hangman's noose will become popular again. The trick for most smart people is not to be in the place where the shit hits the fan, it is not safe there for anyone.

@Lorajay We share the activism minus financial donations (some but not lots) so I know how that feels. Especially as a Taoist. However, we did not cause America's shift to Red. We simply failed in the cause but all things come back around so the failure is temporary. Be proud.

When can pharmacies and doctors start refusing to provide ALL vaccinations to religionists and their children? And maybe they should be denied medical services of any kind...

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:683341
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.