Agnostic.com

3 8

LINK US agents in Memphis seize shipped ancient Egyptian artifact

People with absolutely TOO MUCH money in America. ๐Ÿ˜–

So many have NO sense of culture or the value of someone else's culture.

(And shame on the "... Experts at the University of Memphis Institute of Egyptian Art and Archaeology helped determine the artifactโ€™s authenticity. The agency says the lid is likely from 1069 B.C. to 653 B.C...."

It's BCE. "Before Current/Common Era" not "Before Christ.". #justsayin

Footnote/Factoid:
Why did they change BC to BCE?
Why Have Some People Adopted BCE/CE? An important reason for adopting BCE/CE is religious neutrality. Since the Gregorian calendar has superseded other calendars to become the international standard, members of non-Christian groups may object to the explicitly Christian origins of BC and AD.Dec 1, 2017
[antidote.info] โ€บ reports
BC and AD, BCE and CE: What's the Difference? - Antidote

SeaGreenEyez 9 Aug 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ironic, because Memphis is also a city in in Egypt. That one is the original Memphis!

What is the fasciation with the dead? When I kick the bucket, if someone bangs at my door, I'm going to bang them on the side of the head with aforementioned bucket.

Throw they ass in the pen..

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:683682
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.