Agnostic.com

3 4

LINK Neena Pachoke, Wisconsin News Anchor, Found Dead of Apparent Suicide at 27

This story likely doesn't mean anything to any one of its here, other than it being an obvious tragedy.

That said, I can't help but think about what effects news cycles have on each of us.

I overload on media, then go black out until I think I can stand another day of it. Sometimes a day, sometimes muuuuuuuch longer.

I have two friends that do not allow me to bring up current events or news of any nature. They've blacked out for good (which worries me for them, but I agree to those terms.)

Imagine if you couldn't pay your rent if you blacked out. At 27 years old, living in today's America/world? I doubt I'd still be here, either.

And as usual. There's some suicide-shaming happening. Her sister, "The happiest person I thought I knew." ๐Ÿ™„ This rings of disgust to me. Like "how dare she" or "she should've told me" or something such as that. It isn't that we don't know someone, it's that we NEVER know everything about someone. #shrugs (I don't like that tone.) ๐Ÿคจ

#sadstory

SeaGreenEyez 9 Aug 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One of the things that kept me alive in my younger, depressed days was the thought of what my suicide would do to the people who I loved. My parents and family, friends etc. Iโ€™d be dead, it would have no effect on me. But they would spend a lifetime trying to figure out what they could have done to prevent it, why they had missed the cues (if they actually exist), guilt over something they had no real control over.

I have known four people who checked out on their own. One was younger brother who was 17 at the time. His reason was guilt. While in elemschool he and his best friend found a gun at his friend's house and he accidentally shot his friend. He just couldn't live with that. One was a gentleman l worked with at job l had in high school. He was in his 40s. I have no idea what was troubling him. The other two were very good friends of mine, a man and a women, both in their 40s. My brother and l had played music with them, the male for most of a nine year period in the 90s. They were two of the most intelligent people l have ever known. I knew what was bothering each of them, we had talked about it, but l never thought either of them would check out. There is no way to know when someone has had enough. As devastating as it was, it was their choice. While l may not completely understand their choice, it was their choice, and l respect it. I have thought about making that decision a couple of times, but told myself that choice is always there; so let's just see if things get better, and they did. I see no right or wrong in this. It just is what it is.

@SeaGreenEyez l knew that both of my friends felt trapped at the time we talked. Neither one was overwrought at the time. It was more like they had excepted where they found themselves at that time. Both checked out a few years later, and l was living far away by then. I have been impressed by your strength ever since we had that discussion back when. That particular kind of loss has to be the toughest to come to grips with and accept as a parent, and probably even more so as a mother. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Sometimes the people most out there are the ones most at risk, it isn't always the quiet ones.
I'm with you on the comments by family or people who "knew" her. ๐Ÿ˜ข

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:684126
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.