Agnostic.com

5 2

LINK Yes Government Appointees, Your Religious Allegiance Does Matter to the Citizenry! - TheHumanist.com

The over-arching principle of discrimination because of religious belief applies and has major implications for the American public as the conflict plays out in the Supreme Court and in appointments of people like Betsy DeVos.

Kim Davis refused to issue marriage licenses to gay couples and claimed a religious exemption from her legal duty to do so. Her refusal conflicts with the principle that government may impose obligations on public officials and public employees in performing their official duties without violating their individual rights—if the obligations are neutral and reasonable.

Pompeo’s confirmation will be a big hit to the rights of secular and LGBTQ Americans and our country’s ability to set a tolerant, humane, just, and secular tone for international human rights.

zblaze 7 Apr 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." Article 6, US constitution.

Do you suggest repealing it? Until then we will follow the law.

Hark! trumpie is impeached and now we get pencearoo an his religious fable laws. Wait he is speaking to god now! I can't wait to see what he heard.

Pompeo is an evengelical idiot.

All I know of pompeo is his hawk like stance with which I do not agree
I was unaware he also was a Bigot against the LGBTQ community
Thanks for another reason to hate the guy

Did not notice it was a link

This guy needs to be boycotted as Sec of State

Booker: “Is being gay a perversion?”

Pompeo: “Senator, when I was a politician, I had a very clear view on whether it was appropriate for two same-sex persons to marry. I stand by that.”

Booker: “So, you do not believe that it’s appropriate for two gay people to marry?”

Pompeo: “Senator, I continue to hold that view.”

How many atheists do you see run for office. I know of only two who were elected and they were both in the New England area. It is almost a certain loss if you so declare

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:68455
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.