Agnostic.com

2 9

LINK Attendees of Christian programs for troubled teens say they were tied to goats for days and branded with a cross as punishment

Former attendees of two Christian programs for at-risk youth said they had traumatizing experiences full of hard labor and strange punishments, according to an in-depth investigation by NBC News' Tyler Kingkade published Wednesday.

The programs, which are run by the same family on nearby ranches in rural Wyoming, include Trinity Teen Solutions for girls and Triangle Cross Ranch for boys. More than 20 women who attended the girls' ranch between 2007 and 2020 told NBC they were subjected to brutal manual labor that left them physically injured.

"From the time we woke up in the morning to the time we went back to sleep, we were always doing work. Always," 19-year-old Taybre Conrad told NBC. "And they were having us do the type of stuff that grown men do."

Former attendees said staff restricted their meals and forced them to dodge rattlesnakes on runs. Three women said they were tied to a goat with a leash for days after ranch employees called them "stubborn." ...

snytiger6 9 Sep 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Who was it accusing China of having a poor civil rights record?

china has a bad humans rights record.

@xenoview I don't disagree with that.

@Focus1 You presume to know a lot about me.

@Paul_Clamberer Uyghurs: China may have committed crimes against humanity in Xinjiang - UN

[bbc.com]

@xenoview Again, I don't disagree with you, and i think it's terrible.
In my opinion, we have two fronts to fight on:
1: Eliminate the tolerance of human rights abuses at home and,
2: Ensure that our own govenments don't give comfort of any sort to
countries that treat people like shit.
Quite a tall order: and if you are in this fight as well, good luck.

These people should be prosecuted.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:685647
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.