Agnostic.com

3 5

LINK Trump backers inundate election offices with requests for 2020 records - The Washington Post

Supporters of former president Donald Trump have swamped local election offices across the nation in recent weeks with a coordinated campaign of requests for 2020 voting records, in some cases paralyzing preparations for the fall election season.

In nearly two dozen states and scores of counties, election officials are fielding what many describe as an unprecedented wave of public records requests in the final weeks of summer, one they say may be intended to hinder their work and weaken an already strained system. The avalanche of sometimes identically worded requests has forced some to dedicate days to the process of responding even as they scurry to finalize polling locations, mail out absentee ballots and prepare for early voting in October, officials said.

In Wisconsin, one recent request asks for 34 different types of documents. In North Carolina, hundreds of requests came in at state and local offices on one day alone. In Kentucky, officials don’t recognize the technical-sounding documents they’re being asked to produce — and when they seek clarification, the requesters say they don’t know, either. ...

snytiger6 9 Sep 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If nothing else the Trumplicans and Christian Nationalists are organized and determined to end democracy as we have known it. What scares the crap out of me is here in Pennsylvania Republican candidates Mastriano and Oz are barely showing up in mainstream media. Especially Mastriano, the R candidate for governor. He has closed to media rallies, rarely even talks to major local channel news outlets. He basically limits his speeches to Far Right groups and religious extremists. This makes me think he has plans to attack elections in some way. From what I have been reading, I honestly believe this is the Republican strategy this November, and if they are successful, 2034 will be a cluster fuck!

The orange bastard lose and morons need to get over it. I'm so tired hearing how these Holy orange Baboon worshipers want put him back in office nearly 3 years later. It's like living in a country of 4 year olds.

Wow! These shenanigans expose the flaws in our election laws.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:686355
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.