Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK How Long You Need To Walk Outside To See A Boost In Your Mental Health | HuffPost Life

There’s a reason why the sounds of nature — chirping birds, flowing streams, falling rain — are often sound options for white noise machines and meditation apps: They’re calming.

A new small study published in Molecular Psychiatry further underscores this. The study found that a one-hour nature walk reduces stress when compared to a one-hour walk in a bustling city environment.

The study followed 63 people who were randomly assigned a nature walk or an urban walk. The nature walk took place in a forest in Berlin and the urban walk took place on a busy street in the city. ...

snytiger6 9 Sep 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not much of an outside person. I prefer climate control. 😁

Walks around one's lovely neighborhood are fun & informative

@AnneWimsey thanks to the dogs! I get a daily dose of fresh air!

@AnneWimsey I visit with the neighbors cats when I walk the neighborhood.

If, I lived closer to the country, I would love to take more nature walks.

Yeah, I remember as a kid I had to make due with suburban landscaping by walking around the neighborhood.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:686632
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.