Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK Roger Federer announces retirement; 20-time Grand Slam champion will play Laver Cup as final event

Serena Williams played her last match a couple weeks ago. Today my favorite tennis player of the modern era announced his retirement. When he was in his prime, I think he was the greatest ever. Classiest as well. At 41, if he were healthy I think he could still win a grand slam. Unlike Novak Djokovic and Nick Kyrgios he's a true gentleman.

barjoe 9 Sep 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He was great. I don't know who I would choose as best that I've seen. While I played in college (JV), I really liked Ivan Lendl (when he was on, and not pissed off and allowing his emotions to control him, he was great). Federer is definitely one of the greats of all time.

Laver was unbeatable back in the 60s, so he deserves consideration. People forget how great Pete Sampras was. Borg too. Federer, Nadal and Djokovic are all great. Roger in his prime was the greatest imo.

Time marches on, I guess. I wonder if we'll ever see anything like the Big 3. Hate to see any of them go.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:686766
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.