Agnostic.com

4 5

We have become a third world country!

Lorajay 9 Sep 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In 1950 America had 151,325,798 people.

In 2020 America had $329.5 million people. That's over twice as many people in 70 years. I do not believe that growth is sustainable.

I am not anti-immigration but I'm becoming anti reproduction.

The widening wealth Gap causes many problems but so does overpopulation.

Climate will always drive the homeless to the areas that have the least extreme temperatures regardless of politics.

America, proudly marching backward in to the 1930s

Welcome to one of the consequences of the widening of the wealth gap by the rich and powerful. 😟

Visited the Bay Area recently. Homeless encampments EVERYWHERE. I lived in the Bay Area from 1970 on, there were no homeless encampments then. We have failed as a nation, it's shameful.

There were a lot of homeless in the decade before the 70's so your time was an oddity. We have no special right to live where we can't afford but nobody can force us to live in Ohio, either. Lack of rent control is one culprit but so is the burgeoning B&B market and subsequent gentrification. I think the willingness of Americans to support and grow such risky economies is also appalling but I'm a minimalist.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:686851
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.