Agnostic.com

3 2

FYI this article is 8 years old, but could also be 1 day old. [theguardian.com]
Now Ukraine has regained border areas, they are shelling Russian towns 15km from the border. Way to go Ukraine, should bump the Ruskies moral up. And people still don't understand why Ukraine 2022 happened.
I'm thinking intrusions into Russia proper should be discouraged or else we will have WW III. But I'm sure it will be cheered by "shock and awe" types and damn the long term consequences.

puff 8 Sep 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Shells with "made in USA" stamped on them?

This is the inevitable problem when nucular nations go rogue. Who's got their nukes? It takes money to manage those things so a hard crop for the new owners. If Ukraine succeeds in fully removing Putin from everywhere, including Crimea, then why shouldn't Ukraine inherit Russia as a spoil of war? They have expertise is nuclear technology and meltdowns so managing the nukes would be a breeze. The only other solution is a Russian Revolution which installs the guy in prison for opposing Putin. Navaldny, I think? That could preserve the political structure and open Russia to Europe.

Russia has yet to mobilize or declare war, and their objectives for a negotiated peace were already agreed to BEFORE the war, Ukraine had just refused to implement them. Expanding the war is only going to hurt Ukraine, but NATO and the US need the war to justify NATOs continuing existence, so they will do everything they can to expand it. Lunacy really, and the people of Ukraine are paying a terrible price because of it.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:686852
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.