Agnostic.com

5 5

LINK Roger Waters Tour in Poland Cancelled Amid His Pro-Putin Remarks

Fuck Roger Waters. Let him play in Moscow!

barjoe 9 Sep 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I guess one can go so far left they become tankie. Waters is at least miscalibrated on this one.

I prefer early Floyd. Anything after Meddle and Animals went far too commercial.

He should stick to what he knows about best, which is rock/pop music. Music is neutral…it takes no sides, therefore can be a unifier of people of all allegiances and political views.

Just like I will not listen to Kid Rock or Ted Nugent, Pink Floyd is off my playlist as well.

@barjoe Our prerogative …yours and mine. I personally have gone right off Van Morrison!

@Marionville I am not aware of any controversy involving him. Enlighten me.

@barjoe It’s a local controversy..he’s from Belfast as you probably know and he objected to the lockdown we had due to the pandemic…whining and whinging and writing songs was bad enough, but he - aided and abetted by local DUP MP Ian Paisley Junr…called our Health Minister Robin Swann names and ridiculed him publicly at a televised event and later on social media . Mr Swann and his family had death threats afterwards.

@Marionville Oh he's an Ulster guy and antivaxxer? Swann seems to have been facing much the hate that Dr Fauci had in USA. Eric Clapton is an ultra right winger and antivaxxers as well. That is disappointing.

@barjoe As in the Sesame Street song, of of these things is not like the others.

@Scott321 Similar. These things are similar.

@barjoe You can have Neil Young

Roger is against war and mistreatment, in general, but has a habit of calling out the wrong side. I'm sorry to read he's done it again. But that's his right and Roger's music is still great. David Gilmour had something to do with that, however. His message starts @5:55

<iframe class="video" type="text/html" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed//iZsRj3_iDfM?rel=0&showinfo=1&color=white&iv_load_policy=3&start=0" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen>

Revealing to say the least ... thanks for the info

Oh Fuck them

@rainmanjr
Yeah I’m not about to boycott Pink Floyd over something an ex-member does. Waters was an integral part of their early and best music.

@Scott321 I certainly won't buy any of their music. That goes for Clapton as well. Both were amongst my favorite artists. Cat Stevens is another of my all time favorites who supports international terrorism and called for the death of Salman Rushdie. Yusef Islam. Fuck him too.

@barjoe Here's another great interview, a day after the one I shared with Smerconish, where Roger expands on his ideas. I agree with his humanity and intentions but disagree with details that determine his allegiances. He isn't ignorant of politics, however, and does make some very good points. I'm not a big Clapton fan for many reasons and I certainly disagree with Yusef's view on Salman. I haven't listened to new Cat Stevens music so can't review it but you know how I feel about religious people in general. I've changed my view of a number of early Rock music because of religious meanings.

@rainmanjr Roger Waters has no idea what he's talking about. This video is bullshit. I feel even worse about him now.

@barjoe He appreciates your attentions and determinations. I've watched the Not A Drill concert on YT so not going too see him live but the concert is very good. We all have a right to our opinions aside from our talents.

@rainmanjr As do I. You do you. This guy is a fraud.

Too bad Waters didn't stick to the same principles like his defense of Ecuadorean native civil rights against Chevron. His fliip-flop does not seem logical to me. Maybe someone can explain it to me.

Too much coke in the 70's and 80's?

Can't have people calling for peace, that contradicts NATO dogma on Russia.

He wasn't calling for peace, he was calling for appeasement of Vladimir Putin's aggression.

He was saying Ukraine was to blame for Putin’s invasion…which is standing fact and reason on its head. Putin has in fact since prior to 2010 been taking Ukrainian sovereign territory by stealth, by encouraging Russian speakers to settle in certain areas in the south and east of Ukraine, then backing and arming a separatist movement in those predominantly Russian speaking areas such as Crimea and Donbas, then annexing Crimea in 2014 ..all the time ramping up the unrest and fomenting division, until the culmination of mass invasion this February under the pretext of protecting the Ukrainian people from their own government, who he falsely asserts is a Nazi regime. NATO has not been the aggressor, nor have they engaged with Putin’s army or sent fighting troops into Ukraine. Putin knew they couldn’t as Ukraine is not a member of NATO, and NATO is chartered to directly act only when a member state of NATO is invaded or threatened. This is something Putin knows only too well, and it is why he is desperate enough to invade, if they had been members he would not have invaded. I think I can see why Ukraine sees the need to be admitted in order to have the protection of what is purely a defence organisation, and probably would not be needed were it not for the threatening presence in Europe of Russia. Is it any wonder now that Finland who has suffered in the past under Russian aggression and Sweden who has long been neutral now feel they must join NATO too because of the risk of being vulnerable to Russian aggression.

@Marionville Excellent

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:688339
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.