Agnostic.com

1 3

Saturday after a long absence I found the JW's at my door again. It was a friend of mine named Jerry and he brought along his friend, Fred. Jerry has known me for a long time and many of them know my grandpa was a JW, having converted from being Baptist.

Things I noticed that were different from the start is that they only gave me one magazine called "Awake." Inside it talks about how science is wrong and the bible is right. The Kingdom could come at any moment. Jerry thinks things are worse now than a year ago. Then there are conversion stories on how other religion people are now JW's.

The JW's do not talk of Jesus as most do. It's always Jehovah God. This is one reason the main churchworld does not like them. Dammit, Jesus has to be god. Before the men left I also told them a main reason in my opinion why the churchworld does not like them. It is because they stick to that bible in ideas of the dead being dead. The dead know nothing according to the bible and they do not have spirits flying off instantly to Heaven. People are simply dead and in their graves. (It's Jesus, dammit, and I do have a spirit. I do, I do.)

As both men walked out to their car I threw them another curve. I do have others that do the door knock with me just like the JW's do. It's that Baptist church right up the street. They sometimes come around knocking doors.

DenoPenno 9 Sep 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I haven't slammed the door in someone's face in a long time.

When it's the Baptists I like to throw my drink on them before slamming the door.

@rainmanjr I had these two Mormon kids used to knock on my door. I used to offer them a beer for laughs, but I wasn't gonna give em any money for their church. Of course they wouldn't take it. One day it was 100⁰, there was sweat seeping through the pits of their white shirts. I gave them two bottles of water and told them they could come in and cool off if they didn't proselytise. I talked to them for a couple minutes. They were missionaries. Nice kids. I'd never truly slam the door in someone's face. Just say 'not interested'.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:688432
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.