Agnostic.com

3 4

My handyman skills leave a lot to be desired but my banging on shit with a hammer skills are top notch.

I called a plumber to come out and troubleshoot my main floor tub/shower that has little water pressure. He couldn't isolate the problem. Ended up charging me $50 for the service call.

After he left I cut a square piece out of the drywall so I could access the plumbing behind the delta faucet. I took the cartridge out and opened up the water lines to blow anything out. I have a lot of old metal plumbing throughout the house that can cause buildup in the plumbing pipes. Still not working. At this point I took my hammer and banged on the copper pipes I exposed by opening up the wall. Bingo, shower pressure is back. I repaired the wall. Saved me hundreds or thousands of dollars. Plumber wanted $300 just to cut the drywall and $10K to replace the old metal pipes throughout the house.

FvckY0u 8 Sep 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Once stayed with a friend who had rooms in her basement. There was also a bathroom and sometimes the toilet pipe would get clogged. She said to go into a small closet outside the bathroom and bank on a certain large pipe. Seems the plumbing (waste) was below grade and there was a pump. The sludge would get stuck in a certain area and it required banging and flushing.

My bathtub faucet unexpectedly became very difficult to turn on and off or adjust the temperature.
I put vinegar in spray bottle and sprayed the faucet for several days. All the moving parts move easily again.

Plumbers, electricians, painters, all charge way too much !!!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:688784
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.