Agnostic.com

2 4

LINK Satanic Temple goes after abortion bans - Axios Boston

The Salem-based Satanic Temple is suing Indiana and Idaho in federal court over their abortion bans, arguing they violate the religious rights of people in those states.

Driving the news: The Satanic Temple filed its complaint against Idaho on Friday, a week after filing a similar one in Indiana.

Both states have <strong>conservative</strong> governors who support near-total abortion bans.

Meanwhile, the temple's home state of Massachusetts restricts abortions after 24 weeks with some exceptions. 

Why it matters: The temple is one of several organizations suing to block state laws that almost entirely ban abortions.

The temple, a nontheistic religious group that often gets confused for the Church of Satan, has used religious freedom arguments in a similar lawsuit challenging Texas' abortion ban earlier this year. ...
snytiger6 9 Oct 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wish the court case wasn't overturned and repubs would let it go.

More & more I feel like joining up with them....I already send $$ to The Lincoln Project & the ACLU, seems like a natural progression.....

Until the christianists succeed in creating an official religion, the satanic temple will have an unassailable argument.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:689409
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.