Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK A Superstition Called the Presidency - CounterPunch.org

"If enough people really deeply believed that this salvation by presidency is as much of a sham as the hallucination that our country’s constitution serves us well (excepting, of course, the still stellar bill of rights), they might at last be motivated to do something about the absolutely parlous state of a nation where, over the last four decades, $50 trillion has been extracted from ninety percent of the population and funneled into the bank accounts of one percent of the population, making those few people unfathomably rich. And that ninety percent has permitted this with hardly a peep! Just like the relative silence over the abomination of two foreign, decades-long wars which served utterly no purpose other than to kill tons of Iraqis and Afghans, and quite a few U.S. soldiers too…and to help bankrupt all three countries. Time to wake up! Things are awful and will surely get worse, unless we forget this nonsense about a savior in the white house, or in a gang of partisan hacks on the supreme court huffing and puffing over a hopelessly outdated constitution, written by a bunch of slave-owning, indigenous-slaughtering, female-oppressing bigots. Things will get worse because there is close to zero difference in this country’s dreadful policies regardless of which party is in charge."

[counterpunch.org]

WilliamCharles 8 Oct 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You apparently like "CounterPunch" I consider myself a Liberal/progressive...but I question their sources and argument.

Can you please fact check this comment by them;

"$50 trillion has been extracted from ninety percent of the population and funneled into the bank accounts of one percent of the population,"

It's plausible...but I'd like to check the sources.

[mediabiasfactcheck.com]

[businessinsider.com]

@WilliamCharles Thanks!

"Biden has proved he’s got what it takes to be a leading American president cherished by American elites – no qualms about committing mass murder."
And
"over the last four decades, $50 trillion has been extracted from ninety percent of the population and funneled into the bank accounts of one percent of the population"
Both immediately caught my eye.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:690127
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.