Agnostic.com

2 1

Fbuk claims there may be problems with the apps listed stealing your identity.

The list starts about ⅓ of the way down the page:

[about.fb.com]

FrayedBear 9 Oct 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Facebook is probably correct. They have been stealing your identity and anything else about you from day one. If on a computer you can copy and paste the baddies into the WiFi in order to block them. I do very little on my phone. Still a computer dude.

So you are saying that it is jealousy & not altruism that drives fbuk to say these things or just your usual American hypocrisy?

Don't install any apps originating from Russia. No offense intended Fray but I advise you not to do that.

Lol. These days it's hard to identify where the apps come from! The ones with the Ukrainian flag are probably the worst.

@FrayedBear Ransomware and malware apps, many of which originate from Russia. This has been going on for years and has nothing to do with politics. I wouldn't want to install an app from Ukraine origin either. Don't install any app you don't need, which is most of them. I strongly advise people not to install Facebook or TikTok which although aren't malware, they are invasive. You can access these from the mobile website if you must use these social medias.

@barjoe I've never understood why anyone would allow a computer holding essential information for running a business to be connected to the internet. If there is no road in then there is no pathway for incursion.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:690301
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.