Agnostic.com

1 4

Trump 'wanted people to die' so he could invoke the Insurrection Act and stay in power

In this clip, which aired Thursday evening on MSNBC, Taylor speaks as someone who knows Trump and has spent a significant amount of time with him. He understands Trump’s depraved mindset as well as anyone.

From Matthew Chapman, reporting for Raw Story:

"It made my heart race to watch today's hearing, really, because they brought up Trump's mindset, and the question was, what was his mindset?" Taylor told anchor Nicolle Wallace. "I'm going to demystify that for America right now. I've spent time with the guy in the Oval Office, the White House situation room, and Air Force One. I'll tell you what his mindset was on January 6th."

"I believe Donald Trump wanted people to die," said Taylor. "He wanted people to die … who were elected officials, en masse, so he could call out the military, so he could invoke the Insurrection Act, so he could prevent the peaceful transfer of power. That's not a conspiracy theory. In fact, in hindsight, it's pretty damn clear to me this is what he had in mind from day one in office."

Full Article: [dailykos.com]

nogod4me 8 Oct 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A number of people did die. At least one was on his side. I think the deaths delighted him further but he obviously didn't invoke the IA so that would suggest the theory is wrong.

As Taylor said: Trump wanted Congressmen to die, which would be more serious and therefore more compelling to invoke the Insurrection Act.

@nogod4me I don't hold a member of Congress to be of any greater importance than any other human and am quite sure 45 holds zero importance for either. He didn't invoke it because it wasn't useful for him.

@rainmanjr Not more important, more serious, killing government officials and the police is more serious.
He didn't invoke the Insurrection Act because he could not justify it at the time, and he knew it.

@nogod4me I'll concede on the serious matter but 45 does not seem to care what he can justify. If it's useful to him that takes precedence.

@rainmanjr And in this case, at the time, it would have been a detriment and foolish.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:691452
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.