Agnostic.com

7 9

A friend of mine had a baby back in July this year. The baby will have had the third Prime Minister by the end of the next week already. 😆

Liz Truss, the shortest PM in British history.

[bbc.co.uk]

Ryo1 8 Oct 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Like someone posted a meme earlier, No. 10 should be put on the list of Airbnb, ideal for short stays.

Ryo1 Level 8 Oct 21, 2022

It was the next panic-stricken step of a political party in disarray. I imagine that recent events that began with Boris Johnson has resulted in activity that is tantamount to rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.

She's taking the blame. She was only PM for a month. Nothing she did could've caused any problems in UK. It's total 🐂💩

I see her departure as being merely a symptom of a deeper malaise within the UK in general and within the Tory Party in particular.

The cat at #10 if you reckon your friends baby is confused. She'll be dirty she doesn't qualify for a PM's pension (or will she?).
Ed: Just re-read, seems she qualifies. Look at what the Aussie politicians can look forward to. What a scam.
[williamsummers.blog]

puff Level 8 Oct 20, 2022

If Liz Truss was the best that the Conservative Party had to offer, it does not say much for the Conservative Party, yet the Standard British Idiot keeps voting Conservative! Go figure.

It's that stiff upper lip shit.

If it were not so serious for the Brits it would be laughable. The only hope is that it's the last hurrah for Thatcherism and neo Thatcherism there.

Thatcherism, Brexitism, Conservativism, right-wing reactionaries ...

P.S. She reminds me of Michael Heseltine who accused Labour of being a one-legged army marching "Left! Left! Left!". I see the Tories as being a one-legged army marching "Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!".

I think that the Conservative Party have lost the last vestige of public credibility. In repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot they have unwittingly done the opposition an enormous favour. Ironically, it was said of Tony Blair that he was the best man the Conservative Party ever had and the same may be may be said of Boris Johnson with regard to the Labour Party.

@ASTRALMAX I still cannot understand how the Tories voted to have Bumbling Boris as their leader.

@anglophone Perhaps some people in the Conservative Party thought that the image of a jovial clown would appeal to a wider section of the electorate and increase their popularity.

@anglophone same reason the Yanks voted for Trump: the age of grievance politics and political buffoonery.

@anglophone, @ASTRALMAX yes like Bob Hawke was the best PM the Liberals had here. They're still praising him. Same reason: the infection of the 80s of economic rationalism, flowing over into Blair in the 90s gutting the Labour party there ideologically. The Labor party is trying to outgrow it here now, but I'm far from convinced they will.

That was quick.

Will the Tories learn anything? I rather doubt it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:691893
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.