Agnostic.com

5 1

Rural Atheists

How many in here are from a rural background or are farmers/ranchers besides myself?

misstuffy 7 Oct 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well for those who think I am lucky to live where I do, it's a mixed bag. Up until the last few years I got along fine with everyone. Then this new family moved in across the road and she makes a big "show" of her religiosity. I cannot stand this woman. She came trotting over here asking if I was a Christian. Now then, where I live, it is not smart to admit you are an Atheist, I didn't want to lie so all I said to her was,"I know my bible. That was all it took, she had a well rehearsed bible verse she quoted. What she did not expect was I happened to have one that directly contradicted hers. She wanted to know just where in the bible that was as she had never heard of it. SO I gave her chapter and verse and told her to go look it up, its there. I can't remember the one she quoted me or the one I quoted back, but she has never come over here trying to show off her superior biblical knowledge since, much to my relief. I cannot stand that woman.

Not me, city boy here. Some days wish I had grown up in rural/country town, far more peaceful in a place like that compared to the city. I'd venture to say you are lucky.

I can't imagine what it would be like to live in a rural community.

Fairly, not that rural by US standards, but very rural for the UK.

You're lucky.

Hand's up

puff Level 8 Oct 21, 2022
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:691923
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.