Agnostic.com

8 11

Put 'Mandarin Mussolini' Trump behind bars with tax charges, Michael Cohen says.

Cut to the chase and take the approach used to nail Al Capone, the former Trump fixer said on MSNBC.

"He is exactly what our forefathers, our founding fathers of this country feared, that there would be a president that wanted to be more than a president who wanted to be the autocrat, dictator, monarch, supreme ruler," Cohen said.

Will Attorney General Merrick Garland prosecute Trump? Legal experts told Wallace on Friday that he’s reluctant to do so but that Trump’s hoarding of sensitive documents at Mar-a-Lago is too serious to ignore.

“I think that Garland is the guy who really doesn’t want to do this, doesn’t want to bring criminal prosecutions against a former president of the U.S.,” Neal Katyal, a former acting solicitor general and law professor, said on the program. But “my gut is, he feels he has to. ... These are really serious crimes,” he added.

The challenge, Katyal noted, is that Trump is “such a rampant criminal in so many different spheres” that it’s difficult to keep up and prioritize what Garland needs to go after first.

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It has gone well past time to stop this criminal in his tracks. Otherwise he will continue with impunity and his enablers will think has done no harm as he has not been held accountable.

I'm so sick of the orange shitgibbon and his mindless nazi wannabee followers

Go after multiple crimes. You've got multiple prosecuters

I can barely think straight with the mid-term elections looming. Once they're over we'll know whether we can move forward or are completely screwed.

How can Garland "not want to"? It's his JOB!

Here is where it gets tricky...if tRUMP is indicted...#1)there is NO LAW that PROHIBITS HIM FROM RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT...#2) if the Republicans take control of the House in two weeks...the DOJ WILL BE DEFUNDED and the Investigation goes AWAY. EITHER WAY...tRUMP WINS...the only way he can be stopped it seems is if #1) WE DONT LOSE THE HOUSE OR THE SENATE...#2) we have to KILL THE FILIBUSTER so he can be officially BARRED from OFFICE.

Unless I'm mistaken, the Trump Organization fraud trial starts In New York Monday.
Allen Weisselberg will supposedly plead guilty and tell the truth (assuming he wants to stay out of prison himself).

I have my fingers crossed and have it marked on my calendar to watch. Very few people deserve the treatment more than Trump.

Even if Weisselberg flips(which I doubt) this is not a CRIMINAL case...it is CIVIL...so all they can do is hit him with a FINE(which he will drag out in appeals)...all he has to do is stall for 2 more months till after the Mid Terms results take effect. The best we can hope for is to Win the Mid Terms...keep the House and gain more seats in the Senate. SDNY can then refer the BLOVIATED POS to the DOJ and the IRS on CRIMINAL CHARGES under the RICO Act. But if we fail in the Mid Terms ... We lose our ability to go after him ... Pretty much permanently. Thats my take anyways...can someone PLEASE find some holes in it, so I will sleep better? smfh

@phoenixone1 Committing perjury in a civil case is a criminal offense 🙂

@MizJ yes...you are correct in that PERJURY is a CRIMINAL Offense...BUT...they can only REFER him to the DOJ for Criminal charges...again...HE STALLS...he just has to make it to JANUARY...assuming the GOP regains the House. It is a game of attrition for this ASSHOLE...WE only have 2 months...HE has enough money to BUY TIME with his barrage of APPEALS and COUNTERSUITS...AND he has a TON of JUDGES in his pocket. I can't see any good endgame for us if we LOSE in November.

@MizJ and @phoenixone1
And presumably Weisselberg has already made statements under oath. I strongly suspect they think they know exactly what he's going to say.

Unless he decides to fall on his sword for tRump, this could be ugly for big D.

Edit

And living in AZ myself, I know that everything east of the Mississippi river looks exactly the same.

But the fraud trial I believe is in Manhattan. The DOJ would only be peripherally involved if at all.

@phoenixone1 @RichCC Perjury in a non-federal court would be charged in the jurisdiction in which it occurred. One more reason that voting in every election is vital as state and county attorneys are elected in most places. Some offenses violate state statutes, others federal, some overlap.

The fraud trial is NYC (county) so the feds are out of the picture unless it goes federal on appeal. The NY State Supreme Court would be intermediate in the appeals process in most cases.

@MizJ depends I believe on what the Trial uncovers ... If MS JAMES uncovers Tax fraud on a Federal level(and one thing would automatically lead to another in this case)...she no doubt WOULD refer it to the Federal DOJ and the IRS as a Conspiracy to Commit Tax Fraud and Tax Evasion. It would be up to the Federal DOJ(again...Merrick Garland)as to whether or not they pursue it. With tRUMP ...it has to be a slam dunk or he will beat you down with motions and appeals. Garland is juggling a lot of balls right now and the idea of actually having to Indict a FORMER PRESIDENT is not something he was looking forward to in his retirement years. Personally I feel sorry for him...I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. But it has to be done and time is running out.

@phoenixone1 Tax fraud is both state and federal, that said it is possible that there is fraud re one and not the other.

Protecting him in any prison would be close to impossible is another problem. The thought of him in Rikers did just make me smile.

@MizJ house arrest would be TOTALLY satisfying...and it should be at one of his Golf Courses...and he is NOT allowed out of the house...😂...10 YEARS...NO GOLF...the thought of him staring out a HUGE picture window overlooking the course...KNOWING he will probably be dead before he ever gets a chance to play again? ..PRICELESS...😂That alone would be enough to kill him. All the while his other properties get dissolved in Bankruptcy right before his eyes...he is only allowed out of the house to appear in Court. 😂😂😂he is not allowed to call Uber Eats either...No McGerbils and no KFC...just healthy Salads...No Diet Cokes...now I am just being silly...why would we want him to live longer?

@phoenixone1 I'd rather see him sitting on his ass in the joint eating baloney sandwiches and staring at a concrete wall.

@alliwant could you imagine him making License Plates? 😂 or better yet...Cleaning TOILETS😂😂😂😂😂

@phoenixone1 I don't care if he has to do anything, just as long as he has no power or influence whatsoever.

@alliwant
Agreed. As part of that I'd love to see the tRump Organization stripped of its wealth. I'm not naturally vindictive -- his children didn't choose their father -- but the money could go to better uses.

I think Garland needs to make an example of Donnie Boy so that crooks will think twice about messing around like Donnie did. Make Donnie an example of how serious this is and how harsh the punishment will be. If this is left unchecked the next generation is going to be that much more audacious and daring. Let's create a huge moment of caution for future scammers.

This is the tipping point for our country.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:692170
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.