Agnostic.com

2 7

LINK RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus) | CDC

Respiratory Syncytial Virus spreading at unusually high rates across America. It's a true epidemic that unlike Covid which is deadly to older adult, this threatens the lives of children. Keep those masks handy.

barjoe 9 Oct 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is not going to go well, there are so many already that could Obviously care less about others who were "justified" when it was "only old people", which it was NotI
i am breathlessly waiting for BDair to step up & recommend...........what? Goat Urine? (Popular during The Black Death, there's plenty of contemporaneous writings on its' supposed efficacy for him to quote at us..........)

Symptoms
People infected with RSV usually show symptoms within 4 to 6 days after getting infected. Symptoms of RSV infection usually include-

Runny nose
Decrease in appetite
Coughing
Sneezing
Fever
Wheezing

Care
"Most RSV infections go away on their own in a week or two."

An ounce of prevention equals a pound of cure.
Eat right, eat citrus fruits with high vitamin C content.
Supplement with vitamin D and Zinc if need be.
I eat raw garlic and ginger if I feel a cold coming on.
No problemo.

@Garban My advice is as least as credible as anything the CDC (Brought to you by Pfizer) puts out.

Florida Man takes his new houseboat out on the river.

Yes, I'm continuing to wear masks when appropriate and will definitely wear my mask on the plane both ways to visit family next month. I don't want to pick up anything I could pass on to my grand children. Being pretty much secluded last year, they likely haven't built up the immunities to RSV they might have in normal times. I reserve my snuggles and hugs for family only - so hopefully I'm safe for them to be around when I visit. I am vaxxed to the max including with the pneumonia vaccine, so I'm hoping I'll return from my trip healthy.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:692308
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.