Agnostic.com

5 10

What was your favorite Halloween costume?

I have always enjoyed making Halloween costumes.

My ex-husband Terry is an artist. We had fun making Rainbow Trout costumes for the annual Monster Mash, a costume competition. Over 1,000 people competed. We won!

It was hot in the room. I think we won because we never broke character. We danced cheek-to -cheek and did "The Swim." Other people removed their heads, ruining the magic. We didn't because fins were pinned to our shoulders. We only removed our gloves.

We won a weekend trip to Reno, Nevada on New Year's Eve. Turned off by gambling, we rented a car and drove to Lake Tahoe where we snowshoed. It was beautiful in winter. We saw the Pointer Sisters concert on New Year's Eve. Much fun.

Our daughter Claire, 6-1/2, was a gypsy for Halloween. She couldn't keep her hands off my garnet necklaces. She broke both strings. Beads flew everywhere. Terry picked up all of the beads and got the necklaces restrung.

Had fun making Claire's costumes. Gave her wiggle breaks.

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

great costumes!

@BudFrank

Thank you. It was fun making them.

When I was a kid, in Portugal, Halloween wasn't celebrated. Now in Ireland, I sometimes dress up or play along in the festivities. This year I carved a pumpkin for the very first time in my life.

Went to a costume party dressed as a pregnant nun.

1995 Halloween. The clown costume was worn by all three girls, I made it, and the pioneer dress was also worn by all three, just a few years later. This is when we lived in Snohomish, WA.

Nice! Growing up in Seattle 1960's and attending David T. Denny Jr. High, and later Chief Sealth High School, my family had a Louisa Boren (pioneer dress) costume that was worn on the "Denny Days" dress up holiday at my school by my older sister, me, and my younger sister, over the years. The lumber jack costume was for my brothers, also years apart. Denny Days was to commemorate the day the Denny Party arrived on the shores of Alki. We didn't wear these costumes for Halloween, but for the celebrations of these historical events. We always made our own costumes, which was part of the creativity and imagination of the holiday. I loved it!

I've never been a complicated costume person but I do enjoy fun parties.

The picture is from a great company Halloween party we had. This was a 'no bosses allowed' party. Everyone (all but two anyway) who attended came in costume (I was a vampire not in the photo) and everyone completely trusted each other.
We had an excellent, let-your-hair-down, time.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:693329
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.