Agnostic.com

4 0

TESTING LOGIC

ON the basis that it is possible to test logical thinking and WITHOUT attempting a conclusion on whether A,B and C should be given a chance to express a view is RIGHT OR WRONG…..

Is it Logical that the following should have a say in whether a foetus/fetus is brought to life or termination? Remember that in my strong view the expectant woman always should have a complete VETO

A an expectant father 

B an expectant grandmother

C an expectant grandfather

If A ,B and C were to be given a right to a say about any expected baby , would it in future change their behavior to the expectant mothers?

Mcflewster 8 Nov 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As a father, and grand father, and use to be husband..I think all people should take my attitude, ...that being the choice of "to have, or not to have" and that the choice of "to tell, or not to tell" should lie intirely with the woman and her judgement should be respected by all. The statement about "how foolish the child has been" says a ton. I just try to keep in mind that the woman is the one that has to live with her decisions....no one else.

Your phrase "the woman is the one that has to live with" is a very good one and acknowledge its importance . However it is not quite accurate in every case . I believe with more resources and sympathetic use of these resources, things could get a lot better.People in a panic which often happens in abortion cases "Cannot see the wood for the trees"

It's easy for men to fall into the trap of logic that you have described. You have omitted the most significant factor: only the woman's body is involved.

So I suggest you take your list of expectant players and indicate the ones who are actually pregnant.

Can I point out that I have already agreed that a veto for the pregnant woman is mandatory. By cutting off inputs from other relatives or even friends you have blocked any future plans for improving the situation. Can I respectfully suggest that having seen to the pregnant woman and her current situation by cancelling it you are inhibiting an FUTURE discussions about improving talk on future possible abortion possibilities

Garban and Feenspple covered everything quite well.

I know some parents of older women and men who do not have any grandchildren yet. I can see them trying to force the mother to carry the pregnancy to term. I can also see what a mess that would make. Then there are the potential grandparents and father who would force an abortion. In other words there's absolutely no reason for anyone but the mother to be involved in the decision.

I'm looking forward to some prescription solutions for long-term male contraception. Men should have more choices as well.

I agree that the expectant mother should always have the veto. But given that, I fail to see the point of involving the others at all, since their involvement would affect nothing. Indeed, there are only weak reasons for even informing them, and lots of good reasons for allowing the mother to keep her expectancy secret, if she wishes.

The only time that the mothers wishes should perhaps be in any way made secondary to anyone else's, is perhaps in the case of mothers, with health, and mental health issues, who are to some degree dependent on others for care. But the issues in those cases would be many and extremely complex, and I don't see such complex issues ever being debated well and intelligently, in primitive countries and cultures, who can not even debate issues of fetus life at all, in an intelligent way, or even without invoking the opinions of preliterate and prescience tribes, who have been lost for thousands of years, if they ever existed.

I am talking about FUTURE possible abortions and pre-planned conversation which MAY happen to prevent the pain and anguish that undoubtedly wILL happen when an abortion goes through - even if one takes a great deal of effort to minimise the pain .

Such conversations MAY already be taking place and if anyone from past experience can speak up about a pre talk and give details about how grandparents CAN help ( and fathers), PLEASE SPEAK UP and that MAY alter a few situations Succes breeds success .

This topic is parallel to the case of talking about suicide BEFORE it happens

I would surmise that you views would be different if you were a grandparent but I know nothing about that . Equally you have a right to your own opinions but also have the ability to change perspectives .

@Mcflewster Parents and grandparents will generally have a say anyway. But you are making a false assumption that parents and grandparents inputs will always be useful and helpful. Sometimes they may well be highly toxic, if not immoral or criminal, and the women who wish to have their pregnancies kept secret to themselves, are the more likely to be the ones in need of that secrecy.

@Fernapple I know what you are saying and agree all things are possible, but have faith in Grandparents . Good ones do exist but we never hear from them because perhaps they do not want to show up how foolish their child has been

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:693508
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.