Agnostic.com

4 1

What is friendship?

AstralSmoke 8 Dec 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Friendships are one of those things that's very difficult to put my finger on. I have some friends (probably surprises some of you), but not that many that I would call true friends. I have a couple of friends in Germany, one in Portugal, one almost two here in Chattanooga, and one in Ohio. We share a common 'chemistry'. And it doesn't seem to matter how long it has been since we last contacted each other. We simply resume where we last ended.

Friendship is defined by any two or more people who find compatibility with each other. It can be on many levels such as simply shared interests or it can be as strong as a bond of love forged over many years of shared experiences and being there for each other. The best lovers are friends as well.

There is a wide range of what fits within friendship, but I think it's commonality at its core. Partly proximity, at least in some cases, but largely based on interests. Good friendships go beyond that, where people feel some responsibility and obligation to one another. That's all I've got on the topic.

My dad used to tell me if I find 5 good friends, I was doing ok.

I've heard it said that if one person turns up for your funeral you're a success.

@GareBear517: Yes, but that person has to be a guy named Todd whose friends call him TJ. Those are the rules.

@resserts Just read your explanation for your name. Now I know why you are stressed. Too many rules!

It can be a nod and wink or a real closeness. I'm not a real friend because I got a different kind of cool going on. I would help my cowboy friend out, but I'm not going horse riding with him. I love my neighbors , but I want go in there house if thier husband is not there. I just respect my brothers and never give them any dought about me. I respect their ladies and wives. Never look at them to long or spend my time talking to them. Always focus on my brothers.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6947
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.