Agnostic.com

2 1

How do you know fake from unverified?

People tend believe what they already think they know. They often believe they have a credible source of information and act as if there is no other information. We are not required nor should we be expected to believe what we read and hear. However, we do not have the ability to say a person is being untruthful when we really don't know.

thinkwithme 7 Nov 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One would be hard pressed to find me calling anyone names. I agree that a wrong, or even questionable, statement is not necessarily a lie.

Yep

Be a skeptic. Don't believe anything that comes from an unverified source, or a source you are not sure is who they say they are. And even if it's a verified source, how do you know it's the truth? File it away in the "unverified" folder of your brain.

I love to hear things that confirm the way I already think or hope, but even then I'm not always sure what I'm hearing is accurate or that the spin is necessary.

Maybe it comes down to character? We've got to learn what sources are trustworthy and who isn't. No way to really know, but to filter out the nonsense enough to get down to the facts.

There is a way. Believe nothing of what you hear, little of what you see and nothing of what your told
We live in a world where everything is fake. Truths now seem to have many hidden agendas.
To thyself be true.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:695117
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.