Agnostic.com

15 4

Why won’t God just destroy the Devil?

He could destroy all these other people in the Bible, who was his creations, but won’t destroy the Devil? I asked a believer this and they got angry when they couldn’t answer because they had the nerve to tell me how evil this world is.
I told them,” why don’t you just pray to your god that he will destroy the devil? That way they f*ck up or any evil take place in the world, they won’t have no one to blame.” They couldn’t answer, but got pissed instead.

EmeraldJewel 7 Dec 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Another way to phrase this is to ask whether it's possible for a purely good entity has the facility to create evil?

I think they made the bible as confusing as possible, because they don't want you to actually understand it, it's like a crap insurance policy, they just want to baffle you with bullshit and get your money. They don't want people who think for themselves, they just want the sort of people who will eagerly lap up any bullshit they are fed. They just want mindless loyalty.

You give them too much credit.

God pities him like a fool

Because neither of them exist, except in those minds that have decided to make them real.

The crazies.

The devil represents evil .But in effect Evil is a human vice,we have a choice to be good or evil. It is only our free will that decides if an evil act or good act is carried out. Without evil you have no good,or at least a good that you could not define, since veryone would be running around doing good deeds...sound great doesn't it. But would it be great?
We would be just a bunch of contented animals running round helping one another,in essence we would be like any dumb animal, for example a cow.
A cow doesnt worry about good or evil it just eats,sleeps and farts. Would that life appeal to you?Or would you prefer to be as you are, undertstanding the difference between good and evil?If that is the case then evil is necessary and we do in fact need a Devil.God understands this.
This is a logical argument put forward by Taoism.

There are some options:
A) God doesn't want to destroy the devil
B) God is not able to destroy the devil
C) God and the devil don't exist.

I go for C haha

Alexa Level 5 Dec 7, 2017

Even you have to admit there's something evil out there. What would you call it?

Evil people create evil things. Everything in this world is made by humans, that's my opinion.

God created evil so why would the twit destroy it's so-called ring leader.

You tell the stupid Christians that, they defend it by saying things like,” evil makes the world go around.” Yet they complain when shit happens to them.

Since god created evil and evil makes the world go around, god makes the world go around. That definitely sounds like christian logic!

God isn't real and the devil isn't either. Christians know prayer doesn't work. They keep believing it does. I told a Christian to pray for money. They knew that would not work.

Most Christians believe that selfish prayer does not work. Otherwise they'd all be very, very rich.

All prayer doesn't work.

1. He is a great antagonist
  2. He isn't actual bad. If he was, why would he trap and puinsh the wicked?/sound more like a prison Warden. Wouldn't he reward bad and punish the good? Hell would be one long after party.
  3. According to my bible classes he was the one that encouraged humankind to seek.knowledge and not live in ignorance. This was bad how???

The story of Job is all about god and the devil betting on what would happen if they ducked dudes life up. God and Satan go way back.

That was the first story in the bible that started me to question what the hell was going on in that book. It didn't make sense then, and I hadn't reached double digits.

It would ruin the story. You have to have a villain.

Bingo! My point exactly: story.

My theory is that the devil isn't evil. I read the history of the bible and Constantines' Council had political leanings no different than today, and pacifying the population was part of that. Nothing is more pacifying than someone to blame, a scapegoat. But what if Lucifer's job is to tempt people to sin and resisting is the spiritual equivalence of exercise for the soul. The more you don't yield to temptation, the stronger you are spiritually, and the hornier you are physically.
Most religions have a yin-yang relationship of forces, necessary for balance. Abrahamic religions for some reason needed a bad guy.

I’d have to agree. From what I’ve read, god is for sure the evil one. I don’t think a person can get any much lower than that to predetermine two people’s fate in advance then go ahead and create hem, anyway. Never mind the fact they’d allow them to be tricked then punish them for it.

Forty Two: Yep, there's that.

So the devil is not evil because he tempts us, and we resist, and are therefore good? Seems a bit convoluted to me. What about those who yield to temptation, but might have been good if they hadn't been tempted?

there's no logic to the way religious people think. The human mind is a funny organ and when it gets brainwashed with religion is very hard to change especially when it happens to young people. I believe only young people that realize religion is brainwashing understand there is no God.. And sometimes this will happen with those people. From what I understand USA becoming less religious.

dc65 Level 7 Dec 6, 2017

It is almost scary how fragile the mind is, and how it can be easily manipulated.

The Devil keeps God and Religion in business

Ha ha ha! Yes!!!

I grew up in a Christian family where God and Jesus were spoken of quite often, but the devil hardly ever rated a mention. I don't think my parents believed in him in the same way that they believed in God.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6952
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.