Agnostic.com

6 0

Who is the greatest person you have ever known personally?

Why?

tioteo 8 Apr 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My mother. She never graduated from high school, was abused by my father, raised my sister and I alone. When a big factory opened in Illinois, she was the 1st woman hired, the first woman on the weld line, the first woman supervisor. She worked for cancer research, had cancer twice and beat it, she lived through the deaths of two of my kids, my sister, her sisters and mother. She was very smart, a lifetime learner, brave, strong, dignified and independent. I told her she was a feminist, and she laughed, but, she was.

Sounds like a gem.

My mother. She is the epitome of strength. She suffered through abuse her entire life until her late 20s. She has saved hundreds of lives as a paramedic and a domestic abuse advocate, she perpetually advocates and stands up in politics working hard to make good changes

She lost a leg but she has never lost her power.

I'm glad you recognize her value to you. I'm sure you do already, but tell her how much she means to you. We parents like to hear that sometimes.

@tioteo I tell her everyday that she is a superhero to me and I frequently write Ellen about her to hoping that Ellen will show my mother some of her generosity because out of everyone in the world I think my mother deserves some kindness shown her way

A hero raised a hero.

My parents, becuase they helped make me who l am.

My maternal grandmother. Hands down.

Carl Sandburg. He came to our house when I was little and gave us a set of his biographies of Abraham Lincoln....My father knew him from when years before they lived in the same boarding house in Chicago...Swedes often call their children by their middle names, so the writer whose name was Wilhelm Carl Sandburg was called Carl and my dad whose name was Carl Wilhelm Sandberg was called Will....They met in the hallway and sorted out their mail and were friends for years and years and years.

My goodness! Good for you!

They're dead.
Two guys that ran a therapeutic community I was placed in from 16 to 19.
Changed my life and I'm forever indebted to them for it.

They made an indelible mark on your life. Good for them, and good for you for recognizing their influence.

It was a great place and experience. No 'professionals'. Everyone running the program went through the program. I completed it and stayed on for another year as asst. director.
Unfortunately once they died it shut down.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:69523
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.