Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK Candace Cameron Bure's 'traditional marriage' movies are doomed to fail

Candace Cameron Bure, the actress best known for her role in Full House (and, more recently, Fuller House), is leaving her cushy gigs with the Hallmark Channel for a “more sweeping role” at a conservative alternative called Great American Family, where “traditional marriage” will take center stage. She told the Wall Street Journal that the move will allow her to make films that don’t have to acknowledge the romantic lives of gay people. ...

snytiger6 9 Nov 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If she feels like that, I have no respect for that bitch any more.

Wow, that doesn't surprise me though. Sure seems to be a divisive and toxic move to make toward but I'm sure she'll get a small following patting her on the back for it.

I admit to being a romance movie junkie, and I've been pleasantly surprised that Hallmark has been slowly getting more inclusive recently, with same gender romance, interracial couples, and mature love as well, albeit mostly in supporting characters, but they are paving the way toward a more fully inclusive idea of romance.

I've also been pleasantly surprised that many of the holiday themed movies are more inclusive with mixed faiths and families featured seem to be celebrating in a more secular way. Smart of them to advance with the times.

Of course the movies are so predictable and sappy, but there are times when I just like to watch something mindless with a happy ending. I know there's going to be a lot of hot chocolate, snowball fights, throwing flour at each other while making cookies, etc. I can count on no violence, politics, hatred and divisiveness, so it's a vacation away from the real world, but I'm happy to see Hallmark moving toward more inclusiveness - and sad to know there are people who feel the need to make movies that refuse to acknowledge same sex romance - keeping the audience from progressing into the happier progressiveness.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:696041
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.